Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Avery Elle Peonies and Copic Coloring

Hey folks!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to share my cards today. I got a new stamp and die set!  Woot! I totally feel like I should do a touch down dance or something...

June has been a spending free month for me. Honest engine, I've been a good girl, but let me tell ya the temptation has been strong! I lucked out however, because I was given some belated birthday money. It was a hard choice on what to spend it on, but I was feelin the need for some flowers and I haven't shown Avery Elle some love in a while so the Avery Elle Peonies from the June release was just the ticket!

I'm sharing three of the four cards I've made with this set. I'll share the fourth next time and I'm sure I'll use these more in the future. They're so big and bold and tons of white space to color in. I'm thinkin I'll be doing some watercoloring with these soon.

If you're interested in any of the products I've used, I will have thumbnail links for you at the end of the post!


Before I get into the stamping and the coloring portion of the card, I want to point out that once again, I've taken a page out of Jennifer McGuire's book. She has done several videos on Partial Die Cutting, but I think this one is my fave. It would be super duper easy to stamp your image, then adhere it to the top of a die cut panel, but this looks really groovy when it's done. I did mine a little different than what she shows in her video. Instead of using a paper trimmer for the "straight" edge, I used a Scalloped Border Die by Lawn Fawn and I fussy cut the Flowers, Leaves and Vase. I used Bazzill Marmalade Blast and Bazzill Tropical Breeze on a Neenah White Cardstock Base


So, let's pretend I didn't stamp my sentiment so far down on panel and concentrate on the pretty flowers. I knew when I did it it was too low, but I was committed. There was no way I was going to start over. When I ordered the Avery Elle Peonies Stamp Set, I knew the first thing I was going to do was some masking. I used Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper for that. On this card I used Bazzill Cotton Candy and Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue.


I stamped the images in Momento Tuxedo Black Ink on Neenah White Cardstock and colored them in with Copic's. I kept the embellishments to a minimum. I added Wink of Stella to the light part of the flowers and I tried something different to make the clear embellishments. For the Orange Card, I used a hole punch (from an office supply store) and punched a few circles out of some scrap acetate (Avery Elle Stamp and Die Storage Pocket) and covered them in Ranger Glossy Accents. When they dried I added them to the card using Ranger Glossy Accents. For the Pink and Blue Card, I used the Raindrop Dies from Spring Showers Die Set by Lawn Fawn and repeated the same process as the circles for the Orange Card. For this card I used Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue and Smoke.


After I had the Orange Card assembled, I decided the bigger panels needed a lil somethin, so I used a Stitched Border Die by Lawn Fawn on the top and bottom of the Blue and Pink Card.

I so enjoy the process of making a card. Using the ol' noodle and being creative is always a fabulous experience, this was definitely no different.

Until next time!


Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!