Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Peace

Hey folks!

I've got a really quick post for you today. The broken pipe that cause the flooding in my craft room is getting fixed today, so I can't do anything, but this post.

I've had shaker cards on my brain A LOT lately. I think everything I look at should be made into a one! So much so, I've made a point not to make any after I made this one. I just love the interaction someone has when they receive a shaker card. You just know that they are going to shake it and really check out your card. Plus, there are soo many options out there to make these bad boys! So groovy.

Speaking of Groovy. About a month ago, I cut out about 6 or 7 different styles of cards using some SVG Cuts files, a few Hero Arts Digital Cut Files and a few other digital die cuts with my Silhouette Cameo 2. I was going to go to town making them all into shaker cards. Life got in the way however, but before it did I managed to get to the one I'm sharing with you today.

As usual, if you are interested in any of the products I've used, there will be thumbnail links for you at the end of the post.


This was incredibly easy to make. I cut out all of the pieces for the Peace Sign Card from SVG Cuts and a piece of acetate slightly smaller than the Peace Sign. I mounted on the green AC Cardstock card base with strips of Fun Foam. I threw in some white sequins and the was that! 

Groovy is a Silhouette Cut File and I downloaded it from the Silhouette Design Store. I cut this out twice in white cardstock to give it some stability and glued both of those pieces together using Ranger Multi Medium in Matte. There wasn't any special reason for that, I just like it and that's what happened to be sitting right in front of me. I then covered a small sections in Glossy Accents and added Ranger Distress Glitter over the top. Done! Easy Peasy. Once it was dry, I used Glossy Accents to attach it to the top of the Peace Sign. 

I'm looking forward to doing the rest. I feel like it may be awhile though. My craft room is a mess and might stay that way for awhile. Bummer. Where there is a will there is a way and I have plenty of will!

Until next time! 


1 comment:

  1. So sorry you've been dealing with flooding/repairs, but love your groovy card!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!