Thursday, April 30, 2015

Boy Birthday's!

Hey folks!

I tell ya, these cards probably couldn't get any busier if they got up and started doing housework. Sometimes it's it's great to focus on one or 2 techniques/products, but sometimes it's even better to just start pulling stuff out and go crazy. If it works, fabulous, if not that's fabulous too! It's still a great time and that's the point. Yes? Brings images to mind of The Mad Scientist in his lab, mixing up concoctions, laughing maniacally. Eh, yeah, kinda...  

As usual, if you are interested in any of the products I've used, I have thumbnail links at the end of the post.

I did stenciling, heat embossing, die cutting, Copic coloring and I used texture paste. I think the better question would be, what didn't I use? 
               
So, I have couple of Gamers in my life and these stamps sets from My Favorite Things (Level Up) and Simon Says Stamp (All Boy) are perfect! Better yet, they can be used together! I love that the sentiments in the Level Up set are big and bold. I also love that the images in the All Boy set are simple, but still really cool to look at. I quickly colored these in with Copics. Easy Peasy. MFT also has a Game Controller Die that coordinates with this set. Oh and I used the MISTI Stamping Tool for the first time. After I colored in the controllers, but before I cut them out, I used the MISTI to stamp them again this time with Versafine Ink. Perfect!
I'm a sucker for all things Ranger. Two of my most favorite things EVER are Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Ranger Texture Paste. If I could buy Texture Paste by the drum, I would. What a fabulous way to add interest to your card! Since I find it extremely satisfying to "squish" Distress Inks onto my Ranger Craft Sheet it only made sense to color the paste on both cards that way. Distress Re-Inkers are great too! I used a Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Layered Stencils with the paste on both cards, but just about any stencil works. the stencils I used are called Bubbles and Speckles.
Something else I've been using a lot lately is, the Stitched Journaling Card Die Set by Lawn Fawn. The set comes with four smaller dies. There's a strip of hearts, stars (the ones I used on these cards), chevrons and banners. I dig these, because it makes it super easy to use up a scrap of paper to make quick embellishments. For these 2 cards, I had some cut out already from a scrap of DCWV Gold Foil Paper and it was super easy to make some more using a small scrap of paper, covered in Versamark Ink and Ranger Embossing Powder in Silver.

That's it for now folks! Before I go, over the last couple days I've heard an awful lot about the new We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool and I have ordered one. I'd love to hear some more feedback from those who have used one!

Until next time!


Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search

Become a Patron!